Who doesn’t love a good foot soak?
If you’re like me, you probably don’t do it as often as you should. But when you do, it’s amazing.
There’s nothing like putting your feet in a tub of warm water and just letting all the tension and stress melt away. If you’re looking for a way to take your foot soak game up a notch, try this ginger foot soak recipe. It’s easy to make and it’s packed with benefits for your feet. Plus, it smells amazing!
There is already a beautiful recipe of another homemade foot soak. It is made with bergamot essential oil and citrus. It is so refreshing and amazing. Check it out HERE.
Ginger Benefits For Feet
Ginger is a root that contains many therapeutic properties. It has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda to treat a variety of ailments.
- One of the benefits of ginger for feet is that it can help to improve circulation. This is due to the fact that ginger contains gingerol, a compound that has been shown to relax the muscles in the walls of blood vessels. This, in turn, can help to increase blood flow and improve circulation.
- Additionally, ginger can help to alleviate pain and inflammation. This is because it is a natural pain reliever and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger is also anti-bacterial. Soaking feet in ginger infused liquid will help to kill odor-causing bacteria.
- Ginger can prevent foot cramps.
So, if at the end of the day, you have tired, swollen feet – find time to treat your feet with this beautiful foot soak.
Peppermint Essential Oil For Feet
Peppermint essential oil has a cooling, refreshing, and uplifting effect.
These are benefits of this oil for feet in bullet form:
-Reducing foot pain
-Stimulating nerve endings
-Reducing foot odor
-Refreshing and cooling the feet
1 gallon (around 3 L) very warm water
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons ground ginger or a large piece of fresh ginger
5-10 drops of peppermint essential oil
When using fresh ginger
- Cut ginger into small pieces
- Bring water to boil, pour into a basin large enough to soak your feet
- Add ginger pieces to a basin, let steep for about 10-15 min (until water cools down to a comfortable temperature)
- Squeeze in lemon juice
- Add peppermint essential oil
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes, dry with a towel, put on dry socks.
- Enjoy 🙂
When using powered ginger
- Pour very warm water into a basin
- Add lemon juice, powdered ginger, mint essential oil; stir everything well
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes
- Dry your feet and put on dry socks