I find that oatmeal is honestly a magical ingredients in skin care in homemade cosmetics.
I’ve been using oatmeal in my body care for years and still cannot get over how soft and smooth your skin becomes.
Oatmeal, in my opinion, is the only exfoliating ingredient that is gentle enough to use on your face.
Benefits Of Face Scrub
When you exfoliate your skin, you remove dead skin cells transforming your skin from dull to glowing one.
This oatmeal face scrub softens skin, reduces the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
This scrub also moisturizes the skin.
Try it, you will be thanking me for silky soft skin 🙂
1/4 cup of fine rolled oats
1 table spoon of almond milk (optional)
2 tablespoons of dried lavender buds and/or chamomile buds (optional but very nice to have)
Jojoba (or any other liquid oil – please read about oils that can clog your pores) – as needed
Any essential oil (optional) – 1-3 drops
- Grind oats and herbs in food processor (or blender) until finely ground.
- Sift through a mesh screen – you want to remove large pieces. Keep fine powder in a glass jar and mix with ingredients below right before the use.
- TO USE:
- Take 2 table spoons of oatmeal and herb powder
- Add almond milk and liquid oil (if you are using essential oil – add few drops as well)
- Mix everything together in a mixing bowel to create a thick, spreadable paste (I like my paste to be rather thin, than thick).
- Apply paste to your face, gently massage into your skin, leave on for 5-10 min and then rinse with lukewarm water.