Lotion bars with beeswax and natural butters look like soap bars but act like body moisturizers.
Body lotion bars are becoming very popular among people. They are very convenient to carry around, you do not have to worry about liquid spilling into your purse and creating a mess. Lotion bars are clean, compact and portable.
Lotion bars are solid at room temperature, but they melt as soon as you rub them against your warm skin. So you get the same benefit of moisturizer as conventional liquid lotions provide.
Lotion bars are also a fun DIY project. When you make solid bar, you do not have to emulsify oil and water, which many people find a challenging step in preparing homemade lotions.
How To Use Lotion Bar
If you’ve been asking yourself how to use lotion bar than you’ve been overthinking the whole process. The use is extremely easy: just rub a bar against your skin and massage until absorbed. You will see butters and oils melting in front of your eyes. Than you just spread melted lotion over desired area of your body.
Bergamot And Mint Scent Combination
Today you will read a recipe of beeswax lotion bar that has an amazing bergamot and mint scent.
Bergamot scent in aromatherapy science is believed to reduce anxiety, physical and mental tension and can even decrease depression.
Mint scent gives you energy, wakes you up; it can also reduce anxiety, irritability, stress and exhaustion.
As you can see, this particular homemade lotion bar not only leaves your skin soft and silky, but can also uplift your mood and give you energy.
3 table spoons of cocoa butter
3 tablespoons of mango or shea butter
5 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (or any other liquid oil)
10 drops of bergamot essential oil
5 drops of peppermint essential oil
You also need silicone molds for soap making.
- Pour about 2 inches (5 cm) of water in the bottom of a double boiler and bring to a simmer over medium heat;
- Put wax and cocoa butter in the top part of the double boiler; stir well until wax and butter melt;
- Add shea or mango butter and almond oil to the mixture, mix well;
- Remove the top pan from the heat, continue stirring, add essential oil. Mix well again;
- Immediately pour mixture into silicone soap molds;
- Leave molds to harden at room temperature; typically it takes about 3 hours;
- Once set, pop the lotion bars out of the molds;
- Store away from moisture and heat at room temperature; airtight glass jar is the best.
It is best to carry your lotion bar in a tin container with lid. Take this lotion bar to an airport, travelling, camping, or just carry it around in your purse.
These types of lotion bars also make a perfect gift for someone who likes natural homemade products.